Boston Partners in Education Event Video
Personal stories resonate. Showing the impact of a service on a person’s life is likely to get a stronger reaction than sharing statistics. Getting audiences emotionally invested is the driving force behind many successful fundraising campaigns.
With that said, what is it that gets people emotional? In our experience, the key to motivating people to take action is to create a video that:
- Uses credible, authentic voices
- Is touching yet not manipulative in seeking to generate a reaction
- Leaves the viewers with a sense of hope
In the case of annual campaigns or capital campaigns, it is critical to:
- Recognize the role that nostalgia plays in the connection that alumni or other stakeholders in your organization may feel
- Capture footage that elicits what we call the 3 P’s: pride, possibility and purpose
Your audience needs to be able to see, hear, and feel the pride for how far the organization has come. Your viewers need to be able to envision the possibilities for the future, understanding their power to have an even greater impact on more lives. And finally, they need to own that sense of purpose to help your organization achieve its goals.
Reflection Films is fortunate to work with many organizations with important causes, and we are pleased to produce video as part of their fundraising efforts. If you would like to discuss your mission and explore video as a fundraising tool, please contact us at 781-646-3252 or here.